Sunday, January 29, 2012

Recipes from our sisters

After our trip from Taiwan, I've learned some recipes from our sisters.

Abalone porridge, recipe from first sister.

The way she cooked this porridge is totally different from my usual porridge. This is how I cooked it with the new recipe:

Ingredients: Cooked rice, chopped garlic, chopped celery, sliced mushrooms, minced meat, sliced abalone.

1. Cook rice by rice cooker while preparing ingredients for the stir fry.

2. Soak mushrooms and wash them.

3. Stir fry mushrooms with chopped garlic until fragant.

4. Add finely chopped celery and saute all together.

5. Add water and boil for 5 minutes.

6. Add cooked rice then simmer in small fire for another 10 to 15 minutes then add minced meat and sliced abalone last and boil for another 5 to 10 minutes.

Lg loves this new dish so much that he finished two big bowls of porridge.

Braised meat and eggs, recipe from third sister.

I was addicted to her braised meat dish when I was there and was surprised by how easy she cooked it. I was so excited to cook this dish when I got back to Singapore. How I cooked:

Ingredient: meat (pork belly), boiled eggs, soy sauce, peeled garlic, sliced ginger.

1. Place sliced meat and boiled eggs in a cooking pot.

2. Then add soy sauce, the amount of soy sauce must be equal to half amount of the meat in the pot, together with peeled garlic and sliced ginger, (1 teaspoon of sugar up to your own preference).

3. Add water up to the level of meat and eggs. Then simmer in small fire for about 1 to 2 hours, depending on the amount of meat.

Simple way to cook delicious braised meat. Stir fried spinach with scallop sauce, recipe from third sister.

This is really simple and the delicious taste came from the scallop sauce that my sister bought for me in Taiwan. Just stir fry veggie and add the sauce last.



2 comments:

Jerine said...

The abalone porridge looks good!

Bear Bear said...

Thanks Jerine! It tastes good too! :P