Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve trip

We went on this trip somewhere in early 2011, but I was in hiatus that time and now I decided to post it on my blog.

I'll consider posting all the trips during my hiatus years if I have time!

Sungei Buloh is very different from any nature reserve that I've been to. It's more like a swamp with lots of mangrove trees. It's also a pleasant swamp that does not have over powering muddy smell even under the stuffy hot weather in Singapore.

I like to stand on the bridge to spot crabs and mudskippers under it.

Oh, I like to collect leaves on my nature trips.

At Sungei Buloh, there are these wooden planks for bird watchers to spot birds by peeking through the wide opened gaps. Lg was very fascinated to spot some beautiful birds that day, but he could only spot some blue Kingfishers at most!

We enjoyed walking on the bridge all the time!

There's lots of construction works going on that day, so we couldn't explore more routes.

Ah, I sprayed mist onto my face to reduce heat. Bringing mist spray on a nature trip is essential.



I still want to visit Sungei Buloh next time for the Kranji Nature Trail which is under contruction now and expected to be completed by end of 2013.



A beautiful song by my favorite artist! "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz!




No comments: