Friday, February 22, 2013

Vietnam Tet 2013 part 3

As a tradition, on the eve of Tet, we went to pay tribute to our ancestors in the morning!


After that we visited our grandmother's house nearby!


We stayed there for a while before rushing back home to prepare for the eve of Tet!


On the way home, we passed by the Lotus lake, I was astonished by the cleanliness of the lake! It's actually very near to my parent's house, just 5 minutes of walking distance.


Another tradition in Vietnam to welcome New Year is house cleaning. Baby Y Nhi accompanied me to do this task. Everyone else was also busy with their own tasks like cooking, preparing the altar table, setting up the New Year decorations...


Late at night, we all finally sat down and had our reunion dinner. All my favorite food!!! I missed these too much!!!


We stayed awake to wait for the fireworks around midnight! We were fortunate enough to be able to watch the fireworks from my parent's home. I'll always remember the moment, everyone was there, my parents, my sisters, my brother in-law...all of us looking at the sparkling sky and immersing ourselves in the sound of the fireworks!

I enjoyed the fireworks!!! It's nostalgic! Next year I want to come back home again!



No comments: